India celebrated the 73rd republic day on 26 January 2022, starting with a significant 21-gun salute. This year the republic day celebrations begin from January 23, on the birth anniversary of the great freedom fighter Netaji Shubhash Bose. as opposed to the usual practice of starting it on January 24. The security arrangements were tightly checked and anti-Drone systems were installed to view if any threat was present on the 26 January celebration.
- The ceremony began with the unfurling of the tricolor at Rajpath by the Honorable President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
- At an altitude of 15,000 ft, the Indo Tibetan Border Police celebrated Republic Day in Ladakh irrespective of the Harsh weather conditions.
- The elements from the ceremonial parade on Rajpath were featured on Google Doodle.
- In the New combat uniform of the Indian Army, the parachute Regiment arrived Parade down along with Tavor assault Rifles.
- Flight lieutenant Shivangi Singh became the first woman fighter pilot on the Rafael combat aircraft
- Indian Air force flypasts with 75 aircrafts
- Vinaash formation by the five rafale flying
- For the first time, the ministry of civil aviation’s Tableau participated in the Republic Day ceremony.
- The chief of the army staff commendation medal was given to president Kovind’s Bodyguard horse Virat as it retired from the service today
- ” Shat shat Naman initiative”: “Shaurya Smitha chana” was handed to the families of gallantry awardees at their villages and home. They have the signature of the Honorable prime minister on them.
A special highlight of the day :
The republic day is supposed to end on January 30, the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated. Hence, the R-Day celebration is now a week-long. Also, the government has announced that Bose’s birth anniversary would be celebrated as Parakram Divas. Not only this, but the government also decided to build a 28 feet high statue of Netaji in his homage. Till the statue is completed, a hologram statue is placed under the canopy. Today the central public works department (CPWD) tableaux showcase Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at the Republic Day parade. The display of Netaji tableaux at the republic day parade coincides with the freedom icon’s, 125th birth anniversary. The tableaux also showcased the braves of the Indian national army founded by Netaji. Netaji’s tableau marched ahead with the famous tune of ‘Kadam Kadam Badhaye ja’.
List of Different Tableaus in Republic Day Parade of 26 January :
|Name of the tableau
|Anglo-Abor (Adi) Wars
|No 1 in Sports
|Godhan Nyay Yojana: A new path to prosperity
|Tribal Revolutionaries of Gujarat
|Jammu and Kashmir
|Changing face of Jammu & Kashmir
|Karnataka:The cradle of traditional handicrafts
|Biodiversity and State Bio-symbols of Maharashtra
|Meghalaya’s 50 years of Statehood and its tribute to Women-led cooperative societies and SHGs
|Punjab’s contribution in freedom struggle
|ODOP and Kashi Vishwanath Dham
|Pragati Ki Aur Badhta Uttarakhand
|Ministry of civil aviation
|UDAN – Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik
|National Education Policy
|Ministry of Textiles
|Shuttling to the Future
|Ministry of Home Affairs’s
CRPF: Saga of Valour and Sacrifice
|Ministry of Jal Shakti’s
Jal Jeevan Mission
|Ministry of Law and Justice’s
|Ek Mutthi Aasmaa: Lok Adalat, Inclusive Legal system
|Symbols of Goan heritage